Monday 26 September 2016

P4 Production materials & techniques for an original print media product

Meaning and Purpose:
This unit is about the print-based advert which is poster adverts. As the topic/company of this unit is same as Unit17, this means that I am going to produce advertisement product to Starbucks. Therefore, I may use some screenshots which come from my music video advert that I have produced in Unit 17. So firstly, I would like to talk about the equipment that I am going to use for this unit.

Setting up equipment:

For the part of the equipment, I need one camera and a tripod for photo shooting. As I don't own a camera, I have to borrow one from my media teacher. Then I have to set this equipment up in location by using the correct IOS, the aperture on my camera to shoot the effects and visions that I like to have.


This is the equipment booking sheet which my media teacher give me to fill for equipment to borrow out for a couple of days. The sheet shows that I have borrowed a Canon 7D Camera and battery for filming, I also asked for a 50mm f/1.8 Canon Human Eye Effect Lens for close-up shots. In addition, my partner has another camera, Canon EOS 760D with 18-135mm lens for normal filming. There are some examples below that I used the lens for.


 EOS 760D with 18-135mm lens + Battery
This is a Canon 760D with sigma 18-205mm f/3.5-6.3 lens which is able to film all the shots that we mentioned in our planning. We used this camera on long shots, medium shots, establishing shots, but mostly medium shots, which is like a human eye to watch all of these happens. Sometimes, we need to use a tripod to help the camera to stay stable when we have to film pan shots and it allows us to set the height and angle as we set up before we filming. It is also important to make sure that we have locked the camera with the tripod or else the camera may drop on the floor.


Tripod - Velbon DV6000 tripod + carry bag

This helps me on capture the ideal shot in all different circumstances. I put the camera on the tripod and lock it, it helps me on high angle shots and without shaking. Overall, it supports my camera in a perfect position as long as I wish to.


Risk Assessment

Meaning &Purpose: 
Following by this is my risk assessment. It is important to let myself know what hazards that I am facing through this photo shooting section, therefore I have to make prevention of them. I have divided them into a few section, Hazard, Person and Property that may be damaged, risk controls that are already in place, and further action to control the risk. I also defined the hazard in certain levels which are the second image below. The first image is the risk assessment that I have made, and I found out that we didn't have any hazards that are going to harm us much as the locations that I have been chosen are all safe area, and there are no such danger move or action that are going to happen in our photo shooting as I thought. The hazards below are all general things, which may happen in every filming process. However, I still have to prevent them even they will not damage us hardly.

Risk assessment:







Here are the images that I took and going to edit in this unit for producing adverts and posters. As you can see some of the pictures took by outside the Starbucks store in Canterbury Whitefriars and some of it are the screenshots of my unit 17 product (Starbucks music video advert). As the store is located in the town centre, it is normal to have loads of people walking around especially a Sunday afternoon which was the time that I used to do the photo shooting. Therefore, I was really carefully to hold the camera and protect my equipment.  


Adobe Photoshop CS5 is the software that I am going to use for editing my materials and produce final products for this unit. I am able to put some additions such as effects, text boxes, lightings, in order to make these pictures look like advertising posters. Here are 6 photos for me to edit. As the topic and the company that I am going to promote is Starbucks, I think it is necessary to put some Starbucks slogans and logo to show that they are representing Starbucks and I am able to add layers and text boxes to do these things. 

Drawing planning designs:



 Photos:

For this image, I selected the manual setting which means that I need to make decisions about all three settings including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. I set the aperture in f/5.0, this value is a bit high for average however it is open enough and it can let enough light goes into the camera. Then I set the shutter speed in 1/100 sec, the lower shutter speed, this makes a brighter image. The ISO of this image is 800, this value is also a bit higher than the average. But, that was a cloudy day and I have to set a higher ISO in order to make the image brighter.



For this image, I selected the manual setting which means that I need to make decisions about all three settings including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. I set the aperture in f/5.0, this value is a bit high for average however it is open enough and it can let enough light goes into the camera. Then I set the shutter speed in 1/80 sec, the lower shutter speed, this makes a brighter image. The ISO of this image is 800, this value is also a bit higher than the average. But, that was a cloudy day and I have to set a higher ISO in order to make the image brighter.


For this image, I selected the manual setting which means that I need to make decisions about all three settings including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. I set the aperture in f/5.0, this value is a bit high for average however it is open enough and it can let enough light goes into the camera. Then I set the shutter speed in 1/100 sec, the lower shutter speed, this makes a brighter image. The ISO of this image is 800, this value is also a bit higher than the average. But, that was a cloudy day and I have to set a higher ISO in order to make the image brighter. 

4.

For this image, I selected manual setting which means that I have full control of the three settings including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. I set the aperture as f/6.3, this is a high value of aperture, it helps the camera open enough to collect light to the lens in the camera. Then I also set the shutter speed as 1/25 sec, the reason that I set this shutter speed is because I want to have a blurry background. 3200 ISO is really high value, and I set this because the time that I was taking this photo was 8 o'clock at night, the sky was quite dark at that time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment